Wednesday, April 25, 2007

TV 201

I'm teaching 201 this Saturday. I like teaching the course and I get a lot out of preparing for it. But I kind of have reservations about teaching it this time because there are two people my age in the group.

I know for myself that I don't really like being led by someone my age or younger. I know there are a lot of people younger than me that are a lot more mature spiritually, but just the fact they are younger would make me feel weird being led by them. Am I an ageist?

Switching topics, why is there nothing on TV these days? Entourage is the only show that I look forward to seeing. I really wish it were an hour long. Darn you Marky Mark!

I really miss sitcoms. It's weird but most of the shows on our Video Recorder (TIVO) are reality shows! Never thought that would ever happen. I was totally opposed to reality shows when they first came out. But now it's all about Survivor, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Real World, Real World vs. Road Rules, America's Top Model (Mary's), Top chef, That designer show with Heidi Klum, Hell's Kitchen (which I love, that guy is my hero), and the list goes on and on.

Actually I did forget to include How I Met Your Mother and King of Queens in there. But bring back the good sitcoms!!!!!

3 comments:

Jin said...

Yeah us too. I've been recording some stuff on the History channel recently. But Planet Earth, I'll give it a try.

Jonathan said...

lol.. ageist

joe said...

ageist: good word. thank you for expanding my vocabulary.