Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Whose Son Are You?

Ruth 4

The Genealogy of David

13 So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife. Then he went to her, and the LORD enabled her to conceive, and she gave birth to a son. 14 The women said to Naomi: "Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a kinsman-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel! 15 He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age. For your daughter-in-law, who loves you and who is better to you than seven sons, has given him birth."

16 Then Naomi took the child, laid him in her lap and cared for him. 17 The women living there said, "Naomi has a son." And they named him Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David.


It's amazing how important lineage is to God. It was very important to the people in the Old Testament and it is still pretty important today. Ruth is such a short book of the Bible but it is important because she was a great woman of faith and also she was the great grandmother of David.

I guess every grandmother, mother, father, and grandfather thinks that their line is going to be great. My mom keeps telling me that I'm going to be the President of Korea someday, because a fortune teller told her so when I was born. (Pretty funny) But I too like all fathers wishes that my son will become a great person. How cool would it be if he became a politician, professional athlete, actor, doctor, great mechanic?

But you know what, I'm not done yet either. I feel like I've just began my life in a lot of ways. I know that I'm not done growing spiritually, financially, and physically (seriously 230lb here I come) I know that I haven't reached my full potential and become the man that God had in mind when he created me. I know that I'm on my way, but I'm not there yet. Throughout the Bible people always refer to themselves as _______ son of ________. When Christian grows up, I want him to say proudly I'm Christian son of Jin Choi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great mechanic? lol. never heard that one before.. he he.
and i'm not sure if i want him to become an actor... lol.. anyway, we should try to encourage him to do what he wants to do.. and what he's good at.. =P

-mary