Tuesday, April 3, 2007

House Meeting

Our house had a big house meeting last night. All of us have been arguing a lot since we moved into our new house, well it started before then but I feel like it has escalated. So I got Mary and her mom together and told them both that this needs to stop. I want a house of peace.

Overall the meeting was good and it cleared up a lot of things for all of us. It was especially exhausting for Mary as she had to keep translating for us.

I am really worried about the future though. One of the things that came up was that Mary's mom thinks we spend too much time at church. She said that our family was deteriorating because of our involvement. She went on to say that family should come first, but we are putting church first.

That was pretty funny to Mary and I, well actually it was more upsetting. Because we both feel like we are putting in the bare minimum at church. We both feel that in some ways family should come first and by no means are we letting our family deteriorate. Mary's mom later admitted that it wasn't.

But Mary's mom is not a Christian and she holds very different beliefs than Mary and I do and it is really upsetting that she feels this way, because she is helping us raise our son Christian. It troubles me, because I know how she likes to make little comments about people that really hurt. She does it to me about Mary all the time. So I am afraid that when Christian is old enough to comprehend things, she will poison his mind with things that Mary and I completely disagree with. Things like, "church is not important"," don't be like your parents"," money is the most important thing", etc. I don't think that I'm being irrational because this could and will happen to a certain extent.

So pray for us. Pray that we will rub off on her more as she continues to live with us and begin to share the same views. And more importantly pray that she will accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. I have been guilty of not praying for her. I need to include her in my daily prayers.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

wow i havent read ur blog in a while and had to catch up with all thats been happening

yea i really hope that she finds home at church too. i'll pray for you. hope everything is going well!

Jonathan said...

and sorry.. i dont know much about plumbing systems. i just know how to use toilet plunger - really really well.

Capt Root said...

wow, impressive... as a brother in Christ of course I will pray also for faith and guideness in Christ for your mother-in-law.