Monday, July 16, 2007

That's Not a Goldfish, No That's a Goldfish Cracker

Here is a picture of my beautiful 40 gallon fish tank. I have to say that my fish tank has become my latest obsession. Who knew I would like it so much. I really enjoy going to the fish store and seeing what they have and purchasing new fish. I have developed somewhat of a relationship with my neighborhood fish store owner. His name is Dave, he’s this Chinese guy in his late 40’s who I thought on the phone was a white guy. (I wonder if people ever wonder if I’m a white guy on the phone?)

Yesterday I cleaned my tank for the first time. I got rid of 20% of the old water and put in some new water. I had to treat the new water first with some conditioner to get out the chorine and ammonia. I have this siphon thing that I used to take the old water out, it was pretty cool to use. It can get pretty messy if you are not careful.

I actually betrayed my fish store owner friend Dave, and went to Petco yesterday. For some reason I just wanted to buy some more fish. I ended up getting 12 more fish. 4 Guppies, some Tetras, 2 Mollies, 2 Angel fish, and some others I can’t remember the names of. I have a total of 38 fish I think, so I won’t buy any more for awhile now, as I believe I’m reaching the population limit of my tank. Most people stick to the 1 inch per gallon rule as to the number of fish you can have in a tank. But a lot of people say that you can keep more than that as long as you change the water frequently.

I’m really glad that I didn’t get Cichlids, because my tank has so many varieties of different fish it’s really cool. My tank has so much activity now. I was sitting in front of my tank and just staring at my fishies for like an hour yesterday. Dude, what happened to me? I’m growing flowers, raising fish, going to sleep early, pretty soon I’m going to start wearing adult diapers. Actually if I ever have to wear adult diapers I think I will just off myself. Although the prospect of not having to get up and pee when I drink beer doesn’t sound too bad. I can just sit down watch football whilst drinking beer and when I have to go I can just go. Christian is doing that right now, and he doesn’t seem to mind it too much. Man did I ever get off track.

So yeah, fish=fun.


Here is a picture of my shark.

This is my Japanese fighting fish or Betta. I had a blue one but he died of ick and I think the other fish were stressing him out. Dave sold me this one for half price. I think this one is a little more agressive than the other one. He always chases down my guppies. I think it's because they have really colorful flashy tails, but that's just my opinion. I kind of want to get another Betta just to see them fight each other.

4 comments:

Capt Root said...

NICE... a family man getting down and even having fun at home...

Jin said...

Nice, I'm just a beginner. Plus I'm not that hard core. I don't check the ph. I just condition the water and regulate temp.

Nice.

Jonathan said...

a piranha would fit right into your aquarium

Jin said...

You and Pasotr Joe should start your own tank of flesh eating fish.