Friday, July 20, 2007

Earthquakes and a Weird Dream

Man that earthquake scared the hell out of me yesterday. Our whole bed went off the ground. The powers of earthquakes are just unreal. Actually I often get scared at the power of Mother Nature. I feel all big because I weigh 220lbs, but that small 4.7 lifted our whole bed off the ground as if we weighed nothing. Which we do in comparison to the massive power of an earthquake.

I remember the 89 earthquake and how I felt so helpless like a little bitch crawling under my kitchen table waiting for all the aftershocks to stop. It really makes you feel very small. I remember it all too well. I was switching back and forth from the World Series and Brady Bunch, then all of a sudden all of the dogs in our neighborhood just started going crazy. Then the trees started to shake vigorously, and our whole apartment complex felt like it lifted from the ground. I ran under my kitchen table and just waited it out.

After it was over, all the power had gone out. I called up my friend Adam and rode my bike over to his house. I was living in San Jose at the time and as I was riding my bike down Stevens Creek Blvd, it was as if a war had just happened on the streets. All of the shop windows were broken, cars were stuck in traffic, and everyone was in disarray. I ended up spending the night at my friend's house and it was pretty cool because we didn't have to go to school for a while.

On another note, had a weird dream last night. Dreamt that Christian was all grown up around 10, and I felt really sad. I went to a room upstairs and started to cry because I missed his whole childhood. I started to cry because I wasn't going to be able to hold him like I do whenever I come home. I really felt heartbroken, because I never cry.

4 comments:

Capt Root said...

hAHA... A WEIRD DREAM NICE ONE...
TEN YEARS FROM NOW... WOW.

Capt Root said...

THAT LEAST YOU WERE AT HOME WHEN THE 89 HAPPEN... i WAS AT SCHOOL IN THE PUBLIC RESTSTOP WHEN IT HAPPEN... I WAS SCARE... FELT THE RESTSTOP ITEMS WILL FALL ON ME SINCE THE WINDOW WAS RIGHT IN FRONT AND ABOVE ME... GEEZ... MY FRIEND AND I RAN OUT OF THERE AFTER #1 BY THE TIME WE REACH AT LEAST 15 FT. INTO THE PLAYGROUND THE AFTERSHOCK HAPPEN AT LEAST THIS TIME WE WEREN'T NEAR ANY DANGER BUT WE SIT DOWN AS QUICKLY AS IT HAPPEN AFRAID WE MIGHT HURT OUR SELF... I RAN AFTER THE AFTERSHOCK STRAIGHT HOME EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS TREES AND POWER LINES NEARBY AND GOING DOWN A STEEP GRAVEL HILL TOWARD THE COMMUNITY CENTER BEFORE THE 2ND AFTERSHOCK... BY THAT TIME I REACH THE PUBLIC LIBRARY... STAY THERE... FOR A WHILE SO THAT THE LIBRARIAN CAN CALL HOME AND LET MY FOLKS KNOW THAT I'M OK AND HEADING STAIGHT HOME SINCE IT WAS LIKE 2 BLOCKS FROM THE LIBRARY... ONCE SAFELY AT HOME... I WAS DOING HOMEWORK AND THERE WAS LIKE THE 4TH OR THE 5TH AFTERSHOCK. BY THAT TIME I CUT OFF A TIP OF MY FINGER. SINCE I WAS DOING MY ART AND CRAFT HOMEWORK THAT WAS DUE THE NEXT MORNING... MAN, WAS OUR SCISSORS SHARP AND MOSTLY METAL... I HAD TO WEAR AT LEAST 3 COTTON BALLS AND WEAR 2 bAND-AID BANDAGES PLUS THE COTTON WRAP BANDAGES AROUND THAT... IT HURTED FOR A WEEK...

Jonathan said...

lol.. good stories. i'm not used to earthquakes so i can't really get used to the fact that the ground can shake and knock things over

btw- is andrew's caps lock key stuck to the bottom? def adds suspense to his stories. AMAZING WHAT CAPITAL LETTERS CAN DO

Jin said...

Hehe, you're funny Jonathan.

Yeah it was just like that movie Click. Maybe that's where I got it from. Because we don't live in a two story.