Friday, April 11, 2008

And Whispered in the Sounds of Silence

Holy Spirit, we would hear
Your inner promptings, soft and clear;
And help us know Your still, small voice
So we may make God's will our choice. —D. De Haan

We’ve been going over seeking silence and listening to God’s soft still voice in our weekly Bible studies for the last 3 weeks. This was a quote from today’s QT. I really do believe that God talk to us in a soft still voice when we search him in silence. He also can also interrupt our business very loudly to get our attention.

Last night on American Idol. The idols sang My Jesus, My Savior. Mary and I couldn’t believe it. Actually a lot of the idols have been singing gospel/Christian songs. Carrie Underwood had that smash single Jesus Take the Wheel. But it was really weird hearing the idols sing, “My Jesus, my savior, Lord there is none like you…all of my days I want to praise the wonders of your mighty love.”

Played tennis last night with Jonathan. It was the first time playing in awhile, but it felt good. I wanna start playing more often, get back my form. However I realized that I can’t move laterally anymore. My right knee almost gave out yesterday chasing a ball. Afterwards we met up with John at Yu Yu Ja Jang for some good cheap eats.

I’m still trying to sell my car. I keep changing my mind on which car I want to buy. I want to get something practical for the family. Important things are 4 doors, lots of trunk space, safety, and reliability. But I also want it to be fun to drive. I need some performance out of the car. And even though Mary wants me to get an automatic, I really want to get a stick. Automatics are so boring especially on performance cars that have a lot of zip. So based on these criterias I think I got it narrowed down to 3.

Subaru WRX station wagon


Mazda 3 speed



Acura RDX

2 comments:

joe said...

subaru wrx!!! although you might look more natural in a bigger car.

Jin said...

The Mazda 3 Speed is really growing on me.