I’m going GREEN folks! WHAT!? That’s right you heard it right. You may think that Jin Choi is the last to go green. I think recycling cans is extra work and attracts ants. Recycling paper? Forget about it. Taking public transportation? Yeah right. But listen people, we need to step up and help save Mother Earth. The solution? A 4 day work week!
Studies have shown that a four day work week would mean 20 percent fewer trips to and from work, reducing gasoline consumption by an estimated 65 million gallons per day, not to mention lower greenhouse gas emissions, happier and more well-rested employees and cost savings elsewhere (i.e., less energy to cool/heat and light offices, reduced need for work-time child-care, etc.). I have also read some studies that show a 4 day work week increases productivity.
I mean it’s a win, win situation. This is not a new idea folks. It’s been around for a long time since the oil crunch in the 70’s. But how long people, will we continue to abuse our earth. We need to step up and make our voices heard. 4 day work week!!!
So try to recycle if you can, use those blue bins at work for your papers if you want, BUT as a red blooded American you have to do your part in spreading the word of the 4 day work week to everyone you know. It really is your civic duty, and it helps the environment. That’s why I’m on board.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Huh? No I don't work a 4 day work week yet. It's my dream.
i bet you'll drive even farther (than your office) to go shopping/family picnics on your days off~
wouldn't you rather have your company pay for nice AC on hot days? ;)
I need you guys to stop playing the devil's advocate and get on the 4 day work week plan.
i'm already on it man~ (well.. tho it's every other week.)
i'm greener than you. =P
That's also one of my dreams. Though I would probably never work.
Post a Comment