Thursday, April 17, 2008

Deep Sea Fishing Trip

DJ finally sent me some pics from the deep sea fishing trip we went on last year for DKoo's bachelor party. This is all of us sitting in the front of the boat as we were leaving the dock. A half hour later we hit some rough waters and we literally almost got swept off the boat.

So all of us pictured here and DJ the camera guy were all sitting in the front and one by one as the waves kept splashing onto us people abandoned ship. Soon there were just 3 of us braving the waves. Until this one wave just came over all of us and just drenched us. I think the captain knew that we were all gonna get drenched and was probably laughing his ass off. He was probably thinking, "What a bunch of dumbasses."





This was the first time I've ever gone deep sea fishing and it will probably be my last. It took us like two hours to get to our deep sea fishing destination. By that time 3 of us were already sick and had yakked off the side of the boat numerous times. Luckily I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get sick. But a couple times I felt like yakking. The 3 who got sick actually got so sick that they couldn't even fish. It sucked because it cost a lot of money and they didn't even get to cast once. I'm glad I experienced it once though and believe me once was enough.

Here are some of the fruits of my 6 hour round trip to hell and back. Check out the huge eyes that look like they are going to pop. It's because they almost did because of the rapid pressure change as you are reel the fish in. We actually cooked up the orange one and it was really good. The other one was nasty.

I am actually going on a fishing trip with my friend Rich on May 10th. Anybody want to come?

3 comments:

heh said...

did you check whether there were enough life jackets on the boat?

2 hours to your destination. what did you guys do during the 2 hours??

Jin said...

No.

We just tried not getting sick. It was miserable.

heh said...

i wouldn't get on a boat without checking whether they carry life jackets per person on board.