Monday, June 4, 2007

Planet Earth HD

My Friend James turned me on to a great television show called Planet Earth. For those of you who love animal documentaries and have Discovery HD, this show is for you. The visuals in HD are so awesome, especially on my 61" Samsung DLP =). The camera work and editing are just amazing.

They show some clips of behind the scenes and the crew go to some great lengths, sometimes just standing still behind a camera day after day in the same spot just to get the perfect shot. You truly appreciate the work a lot more knowing how painstaking it was to capture some of those moments. But definitely check it out of you get the chance.


This is a mating ritual of a bird in the Amazon.





5 comments:

Jin said...

I don't remember that one. Only ones I've seen were Forests, Caves, Freshwater, and Deserts.

joe said...

jin, when did you become a nerd?

Jin said...

I've always been a nerd. I'm a cool nerd.

Jonathan said...

they're one of the firsts to use stabilized cameras on helicopters. so the images they show are like nothing like we've seen before.

and congrats on starting MBA.. haven't been keeping up with your blog but i did a review of all ur entries from where i left off.

Jin said...

Wow I'm involved in geek talk. Love it. Yeah the pictures are truly amazing. I grew up loving animal documentaries because of my dad.