Thursday, June 14, 2007

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread

Today's QT reminded me of how much I have. It was talking about the Lord's prayer and how the part about give us this day our daily bread meant literally please give us food today. As many first century workers were paid one day at a time, provisions for tomorrow were never certain.

People all over the world go hungry. But everyday I eat at least two good meals from a multitude of choices. Actually the only problem I run into is getting tired of eating the same stuff all the time or choosing a place to eat. What a good life huh? I have so much that I can be choosy about where I get my food. In fact right now I am trying to gain weight for my hobby of weight lifting. So like a fat pig I gorge myself at every meal and even force down protein shakes so I can gain a few more pounds of muscle. We have so much in America and it's so commonplace that we rarely get a chance to step back and look at ourselves from a global perspective.

Lord, thank you for my daily bread. Thank you for the food that you so abundantly give to me and my family. I look at my son and I am thankful that I am able to give him milk every time he cries. Please help those in need around the world who cry for milk but have none. Help all of us open our eyes to those in need around us and to give what little we can to support the cause of hunger throughout the world. Thank you for the SAM mission and the work that they are doing for the people in North Korea. Thank you for the elder who uses his oil changing business as the center for SAM and gives what he can for the cause. Help those around him not hate, but rally around him for support. Though he has a lot, he actually cares and gives back. He puts his money and time where his mouth is. Help me to continue to pray and not so easily fall back into a life of complacency.


No comments: