Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Love Goooold

This is my new car, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Actually it’s not new, it’s a used 2003 Acura TL, but still new to me. What can I say about my new/used car… I only paid $9250 for it. Sold my single guy convertible to get this more *ahem* mature family car?


People at work were making fun of me saying that I looked like an old man now driving this car. I think they were saying that mainly because it’s gold. It definitely was not my first choice in car color, but we got such a good deal on it we couldn’t pass it up. Really at $9250 it was $4-5 K cheaper then all the other ones we checked out.

There were some issues with it all minor, overall the engine’s good and we still saved a bundle. I originally wanted to get a silver type S for $14,000, but my more sensible wife talked me into getting this one. She says she didn’t, but she really did, she didn’t even have to say a word.

Many of you may be saying, “Wait I thought your car was a type S?” Well it’s not. I bought that Type S emblem from Acura and put it on there. Mary says that I’m a liar. Hahahahaha. I don’t care, it looks cool.


Thank God for my car guy. He saved me a bundle doing all the repair work. I think the best present Pastor Joe ever gave me was introducing me to him. He basically charges you wholesale for the parts and almost nothing for labor. Plus he lives like 2 minutes away from me. I owe him a nice dinner for sure.


Yeah boy, you likes that Navigation/CD/DVD player? It was my Father's Day/Birthday present from wifey.

Doesn't look like a grandfather car does it?

7 comments:

Jin said...

Ahahaha!

Daniel Koo said...

The more I look at it, the car looks good on you... :-)

Jin said...

Thanks jipsanim.

Anonymous said...

As a mother that just purchased a minivan, I would say your car is a sports car compared to mine:) And gold is good...doesnt show dirt! (I cant believe I think like that now)

Jin said...

Yeah I guess it is still sporty, But my previous car was a two seater, rice rocket, covertible.

joe said...

hey jin, nice car. no more powered subwoofer huh?

Jin said...

No, it's in there.