Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Record of Rights

My first entry of the New Year.

The Bible says that love keeps no record of wrongs, but it shouldn't hurt to keep a record of rights. I think that will be my New Year's resolution, to keep a record of rights for all the people that I know. I really need to do this because I'm so negative and I have totally lost faith in people and in friendship.

My first record of right for the the new year, well it actually happened a couple hours before the new year. Jonathan picked Mary and I up from the airport. I think everybody understands the value of an airport pick up. Especially with the little one, this was really a God send. Luckily he lives on the same block as us so he didn't need to travel far to get back home. He was actually driving to LA later that night or early morning with a friend. Isn't that crazy? Have a safe trip friend and thanks again for the airport pick up.

5 comments:

heh said...

i think it's easier to be nice in general to everyone indiscriminately than acting according to a record of rights. not to say i'm nice to everyone indiscriminately. personally i don't have the memory power.

happy new year, guy!

Jin said...

True, but I'm more talking about the way we, well that I remember people's wrongs and I never pay any attention to the good people do. I think that I need to keep my eyes open for these things. They happen.

I guess calling it a record isn't exactly correct because I'm not going to remember this let's say years from now, but I still need to recognize that people will go out of their way to help people out. Like I said I really need to do this.

mary said...

yes, thanks Jonathan!
I think keeping a record of rights is a great idea!

Jonathan said...

aw.. no problem! i really enjoy it~

i actually had a lot of fun in LA- went to ucla, santa monica and k-town and this flat suburbia called cerritos, and got 4 hrs of sleep in 25 hours. drank five full cans of energy drinks to keep myself awake at the wheels.

happy new year!!

Jin said...

Glad you had fun, although 4 hours of sleep sounds like hell.

Mary and I have a friends whose mom used be the mayor of Cerritos. I stayed over at his house once and let me just say it was nice.