I went to my first Muay Thai kickboxing class last Saturday. It kicked my ass and reminded me of how out of shape I am. I have a lot of mass but it would really slow you down in a real fight. But hopefully just by having a lot of mass you can avoid fights all together. I'm approaching 230lbs but don't tell Mary because now I want to go to 250lbs.
I'm going to start taking a mixed martial arts class on Saturdays in Oakland. The class mixes, Muay Thai, boxing, catch wrestling, jiu jitsu, and just good ole fashioned American kick assing. I'm really looking forward to my next class. I feel that it will force me to do more cardio.

On a related note look out for Brock Lesnar to be the next big thing in MMA. You might know him from his WWF days. 6'3" and 265 lbs of raw strength. He was actually the NCAA heavyweight wrestling champ in 2000 finishing with a 33-0 record. (Pretty impressive) His real test comes in the next UFC pay per view vs. Frank Mir. It will be a good test because Frank Mir is no pushover.

On a related note look out for Brock Lesnar to be the next big thing in MMA. You might know him from his WWF days. 6'3" and 265 lbs of raw strength. He was actually the NCAA heavyweight wrestling champ in 2000 finishing with a 33-0 record. (Pretty impressive) His real test comes in the next UFC pay per view vs. Frank Mir. It will be a good test because Frank Mir is no pushover.
6 comments:
jin, where are you taking mma classes? it's too bad we couldn't take it together. not that i would ever pair up w/you for sparring.
http://www.oaklandkarateandkickboxing.com/Mixed_Martial_Arts.html
That's awesome James. I need to start eating healthier.
Pjoe, it would have been fun taking classes together. I've been wanting to go for awhile, as you know. I just decided one day to just go.
250!
250?
*tears hair out*
nice. maybe i ought to take it so that kids don't beat me up, as you suggest? :-)
It was just a joke. Pjoe used to wonder that when he was teaching youth cuz some of the kids are tough and big.
Post a Comment