Monday, January 14, 2008

Brood of Vipers

Matthew 12:34-35

You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Yesterday the message was about the tongue. The pastor said that what comes out of your mouth is the overflow from your heart. Using that logic I think I am a bitter, angry, hateful, and unloving person because that is what usually comes out of my mouth. I always spew out bitter and hateful words. Every time I talk about someone it’s always to say how much I dislike them or hate them or think they’re stupid. I think some of it is out of habit, but I really need to change this. I need to start saying more positive things about people or nothing at all. Yeah I like nothing at all.

I know I’ve said this before but I think that I am full of unresolved rage. Normally I am a gentle and nice person, but when I get angry I am ridiculous. I will say and do some ridiculous things. Whenever I tell Mary that I have resolved the past and made peace with things, she always disagrees. She’ll reply back with, “Why is it then that you haven’t talked to your dad in over 15 years?” Man I hate it when she’s right. But my excuse is that no good can come from me seeing him. Maybe it’s wrong, but it’s safe.

On a lighter note, I think that I will start insulting people by calling them a brood of vipers. Man how awesome is that?

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

i bet the Pharisees were furious when they were called brood of vipers..

what would be today's equivalent to 'brood of vipers'??

heh said...

it sounds even more awesome in Korean...doksa ae sekki ya!!!