Monday, March 26, 2007

Love to hate

So we are moved in and getting settled in our new house. The movers cost $600! One Korean guy and two Mexican dudes. I wonder how much the Mexican dudes got?

I love our house. The neighborhood is perfect. All of our neighbors are Asian~weird. The only thing is that it’s pretty close to Bart and you can hear it every time it goes by. Oh and the water pressure is pretty weak, but hopefully we can get that fixed? Anybody know anything about plumbing (Jonathan?)?

Back at work~much to do. But bright side I get the next two Fridays off. Cesar Chavez Day this Friday and Good Friday next Friday. Sweet!

QT today - I think I am an Eeyore Christian. I think I am just an Eeyore person. I tend to focus on the negative in situations and especially in people. But I’m worse than Eeyore because I focus on the negative and then I begin to hate.

I’m a hater. I have been trying to change this for awhile now, but it’s slow going. I know this is a major flaw and I consciously try to see the positive in situations and in people but it’s so much easier to be negative. I feel a lot like Luke Skywalker. I want to be nice and not get angry at my father Darth Vader and the ugly Emperor. But it would be so much easier to just start bashing Darth Vader over the head with the light saber, chop off his hand, and then throw the Emperor over the ledge.




Positive note – I have been improving in this area. I used to hate more intensely/violently and I would write people off, but I don’t do that anymore. I used to close myself off to relationships with people I just didn’t like, but where would that leave me? Probably alone. Going to a small church has really helped me tremendously in this area. I realized when you close yourself off to one or more people, you are essentially closing yourself off to 5-15% of the church congregation. In a bigger church it wouldn’t matter too much, but when your church only has like 20 core people, you can really feel the hate.

I know that I am a flawed/sinful person and so I give people the benefit of the doubt knowing that they too are flawed/sinful people. And hopefully people will give me the same grace.

9 comments:

superdanch said...

Luke, I am your father. Do I hear a Star Wars marathon in the works? Do it! It's going to be legendary. Legendary I say.

Jin said...

I'm down to do a Star Wars marathon. We could do it at our house. But I don't have an HD DVD player.

Anonymous said...

This is the most interesting post I've read in your blog, Jin. It's cool that you can honestly assess yourself. I'm good at that part too, but it's the actual implementation of changes that is more difficult for me.

This is a comment.

John

Jin said...

Thanks I think. Obviously you haven't read my blog about Cheers on my LiveJournal. I will try not to hate you though.

Jin said...

And John if you need help assessing yourself, let me know I made a few notes.

Anonymous said...

wow, as if I need to request it..ha

Jin said...

Do I pick on you too much? Okay from today on, no more.

mary said...

lol. too funny. who is the evil emperor???

Jin said...

The guy with the melted face who shoots electricity from his hands.