3 yrs old – Ulsan to Seoul, Korea
4 yrs – Seoul to Lafayette, California
5 yrs– Lafayette to Fairfield
6 yrs – Fairfield to Vallejo
10 yrs – Vallejo to Concord
12 yrs – Concord back to Vallejo
13 yrs – Vallejo to San Jose
14 yrs – San Jose to Sacramento
15 yrs – Sacramento back to Vallejo
16 yrs – Vallejo to San Jose
16 yrs – San Jose to Fremont (moved 3 times in Fremont)
18 yrs – Fremont to Berkeley (to start school)
22 yrs – Berkeley to Alameda (moved 3 times in Alameda)
30 yrs – Alameda to Oakland
So now I’m getting prepared for my final move…well we might have to move into a bigger house later, so second to last move. This Thursday we are moving into our first house in El Ceritto. It’s perfect because it is so central to everything that we do socially.
So why all the moving when I was a kid? Well I guess you can just say that I had a pretty tough childhood living in a foster home and group home. I got shuffled back and forth from my real father to my foster parents so many times I lost count.
I’m so sick of moving. One of the things that I promised if I had kids is that I would let them grow up in one neighborhood. That means one elementary school, one Jr. High and one High school. It is so tough for kids when they have to move. It always sucked being the new kid in school and having to make a new group of friends. It did teach me how to make friends fast though. Shout out to all the best Friends I had growing up; Darren, Mark, Yancey, Adam, Greg, and a special shout out to Richard (who was my roommate for 7 yrs, 7 yrs!)
I thank God for this tremendous blessing. He has given me so much these past few years that I don’t really have the words to thank him. All I can do is serve Him with what little talent I have. We will also make our house a place of ministry. People are welcome over anytime. You are not imposing.
"And Joshua said unto all the people [of Israel], . . . choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Josh. 24:2, 15).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God!
Dang, you moved a lot... good summary for me to remember. ha ha..
have fun packing today! hehehehehe
Post a Comment