Monday, January 26, 2009

Did I Call it or What?

Just saw the Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture fight. A while back I posted about Brock Lesnar being the next big thing in MMA and now he is the heavyweight champion. Although he had to beat Randy Couture a 45 year old man to do it.

There's a lot of critics out there bashing on him. Dan Henderson, another very well repected fighter was quoted saying that it demeans the UFC belt by Brock Lesnar having it. He's a 3-1 fighter so he just a MMA baby. But I think it was a smart move on Dana White to give Brock the belt. The guy is very exciting to watch. He's as explosive as a 280lb man can be.

Although he's only 3-1, he's fought some pretty high quality guys. In my opinion I think he would have beaten Frank Mir if he didn't get caught in the foot lock. Again in my humble opinion, he is exactly what the sport of MMA needs. He's like Mike Tyson and Hulk Hogan rolled up into one.

2 comments:

The Reverend Strange said...

You totally called it. The only question I have is this: Assuming he is as you say, the Mike Tyson of MMA, when he bites someone's ear eventually, since most UFC guys have cauliflower ear, will he be strong enough to actually be able to bite a chunk off?

joe said...

my two cents: when chuck lidell lost the title, the ufc lost it's poster boy. i think they're desperately looking for someone who can sell the sport to the american public. & i disagree w/dan henderson. brock lesnar has the natural ability to dominate for a long time. i'd love to see him fight fedor.