I had professor of Literature and Language call me oriental today, the irony.
Her: What was your first name again?
Me: Jin, like the drink.
Her: Yeah, you have an oriental name…
Me: Asian
Her: Your last name is?
Me: Choi.
Her: So your family is from China?
Me: No Korea, but I was pretty much born and raised here.
Her: Yeah I just had a girl apply for a drama position of Korean ethnicity, her last name was Kim.
Me: Yeah that’s a pretty popular Korean last name.
I wasn’t angry or offended by the conversation, I just thought it was kind of funny her being a professor of Literature and Language and all. She did compliment my staff though, saying how it was better than the last one. But I was a part of the last one too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
gave up on the vidoe eh? hehe
Did she just ignore your "Asian" response? Was she over 60? I mean I guess it's no big deal, but everytime I hear someone use that word, I cringe a little. And being a professor of Lierature and Language, one would think she would know better. I wonder if she still uses the terms colored or negro.
She wasn't over 60 but she was old.
Yeah it didn't really bother me except that she teaches at my school.
Jin...that was the funniest thing I've read in such a long time.
Next time tell her you'll spank her with a frying pan if she uses that term again.
What's up with you and spanking with a fryin pan?
Post a Comment