Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Things That Don't Make Sense

Why is it that at Korean restaurants they charge you more if you cook your own food? Don't they have that a little backwards? You should get some type of discount if you have to cook your own food. Isn't that what you are paying for when you eat out, for someone else to cook your food?

I love dok bosam but what I don't like is having to cook the meat and waiting for it to cook. What I like even less is that I have to wrap the meat, the salad, and radish in my own korean rice noodle taco. In the course of a meal I make like a hundred of these tacos. For a guy who sucks at using chopsticks this is quite an ordeal. I end up using my hands a lot and my eating area generally turns into a pig sty.

For the price I pay for the meal, they should cook the meat in the back, wrap each of the rice paste tacos individually and bring them out to me all assembled. That way I can just scarf down a hundred of them without waiting and without the frustration.

4 comments:

Daniel Koo said...

That's a brilliant idea! We should start a fast-food korean dok bossam place!!!
That's a nice picture, by the way.

Jonathan said...

no way jin could've taken that picture.. =p

yea self-bbq is not really pleasing to the practical-minded, but the idea behind grilling is that people talk and socialize and vent out about life while gulping down soju, while the meat is browning. not that i know what that means. but koreans are one of the most social and group-oriented ppl. and they bbq the most in the world.

heh said...

hahaha

joe said...

so who took that pic?
in the midwest they have steakhouses where they charge you less when you grill your own steak.