Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Friends, How Many of Us Have Them

Today’s QT was about friendship. The author quoted a poet Claude Mermet who said, “Friends are like melons; let me tell you why: To find a good one, you must one hundred try!” A very true adage!

I think I have a hundred acquaintances but very few friends. I think finding a good friend is like finding a good wife, basically they are both miracles. I think that with all the complexities and baggage people carry it’s amazing how anybody finds someone to love.

4 comments:

joe said...

that's enough deep thoughts for now, can you post a pic of your new car :>

Jin said...

I'm getting some work done to it, so the unveiling won't be for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, seriously with all that baggage it IS a wonder how people find love. YOu and Mary are very lucky.
And you did find a miracle of a wife in Mary.

Susan

Jin said...

Yeah I'm blessed to have her for a wife.