Thursday, September 20, 2007

Young Adult Small Group

Yesterday we had our first new Young Adult small group meeting. It was actually my first time leading a small group since College. I was praying very earnestly throughout the week for the meeting as I felt really unqualified and unprepared. I also prayed that people would show up.

I have to admit that I had a great time. A lot of people came and we just had a great time of eating, sharing, and just hanging out. It felt like I was back in college sort of. We sang some praise songs, went around sharing about our week, prayer requests, what we wanted to get out of small group, and what we thought about the pastor that visited us this past weekend.

It's funny but normally when you hang out with people from church you rarely ever talk about God or your spiritual life. I think that is funny and I hope that we can break out of that uncomfortable zone through this small group. Also we need more girls, but I think it will be very uncomfortable for that first girl because, well just look at the pictures.





2 comments:

Jin said...

Gotta show off the 20 inch pythons.

I don't even have regular shirts, they're all cutoffs, just like the Hulkster. =) What ya gonna do James when these 20 inch pythons run wild on you?

Jonathan said...

20 inches? when did u gain 2 inches