Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gym Etiquette

Okay for all you gym newbies, there are some unwritten rules that you have to live by in the gym. I was doing squats today and had one of the neck pads on the bar. So I finish my set and start to unload some weights to make it lighter, then this kid walks up and takes the neck pad and walks away!

I was like, "Hey, (louder) HEY!" He takes off his headphones, "Oh were you using this?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?!", I yell. He apologetically gives it back.

Then later when I'm using the leg press, he comes over and steals in a set without even asking me if he could work in!

I didn't say anything that time, but I was thinking this guy is killing me right now!

I think he was a little der, der der, and I felt kind of bad yelling at him afterwards. I really need to learn how to confront people sans the anger. Even when I think I'm not yelling or looking angry people will always say different.

So here are some more etiquette tips to help you survive whilst at the gym so you don't get pounded by some 300lb gorilla:

1) Don't take a machine or a weight that someone else is using
2) Ask to work in if you want to use the same machine as someone else
3) Wipe down your sweat
4) Put your weights away. (Ok if you have worked out so hard you feel like throwing up, I can understand if you leave them).
5) Don't hog a machine. (I do this all the time).
6) Don't hog two machines. (I do this all the time too).
7) Don't spot someone if you don't know how, they could die.

1 comment:

joe said...

hey jin. just spent some time catching up w/your blog. it's funny how i can totally hear your voice in these entries. it sounds like you're doing a good job containing the beast within :>