Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stupid Oven!

I have been getting angry at inanimate objects lately.

The other day I was cooking a Boboli pizza and the door of my oven would not unlock. I kept pushing the button frantically. I turned the oven off but my pizza began to burn, so I became even more frantic. I started to go blood frenzy on the damn oven and started to shake the hell out of it. Stuff started falling off of it but the door still would not open.

I was seconds away from grabbing our frying pan and smashing the hell out of our 1980’s oven. But my fear of Mary’s reaction when she got home stopped me. I started to yell in frustration, calling the oven some pretty harsh expletives. Christian immediately began scolding me, “Stop that right now!”

Finally after much anguish the door latch buzzed open. By this time I was exhausted, and our dinner was burnt. Well the bottom part was, we scraped off the top part and still ate it for dinner. Stupid oven!

2 comments:

KP said...

Sounds like you might have put it on "self-clean" mode?

Jin said...

What is that? Is there a way to cancel it?