I've probably read 1 Corinthians like a thousand times, but I got something different out of it today.
Often times I will judge people in our congregation because they are different, they don't do the normal things that the rest of us do. They don't come to the normal fellowships, bible studies, group outings, are clickish and only hang around certain people, etc.
God not only gives us different gifts, but he gives us different personalities. Those unique traits that are individual makes us repulsive to some, yet attractive to others. Churches need all of those different people, in order to become a thriving community. Some people will never want to meet up one on one with a pastor but may open up and share with someone else in the church, someone you would least suspect.
I think the term leader gets thrown around at church too often and too flippantly. We all are and can be leaders in diffrent ways. You don't have to belong to a designated group to display leadership, even in the church environment.
God has defintely made me unique, many bad traits but some good. I have to use my gifts or personality to reach out and affect my sphere of influence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I appreciate this post, Jin.
Thanks Sonya!
jin, good stuff!
ray
Hey Ray thanks!
Post a Comment