So I am still working through this book my pastor gave me called Total Forgiveness.It takes me a while to finish a book because I only read when I'm on the John. Oh I also got distracted with this other book I bought Fedor.
It's an MMA book about Fedor Emelianenko, arguably one of the best mixed martial arts heavy weights out there. I know I'm such a dork.
Anyways, yesterday I was reading through a passage about Jesus' command "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."I am one of the most hateful and critical people I know. I love to hate, and I love judging and criticizing people. But when I do judge and criticize, I am essentially saying that person needs to change, that person needs to be more like me...I am better than that person.
I really need to look at it from this perspective the next time I want to judge someone harshly. I should be the last person to say I am better than you because I am a terrible person. My friend often jokes that some people come with baggage, but you come with one of those immigration bags! It's true.
Jesus is saying if you judge, others will judge you. There are probably a lot of people I know that don't like me for one reason or another. People might think or say, I'm a punk, insensitive, mean, angry, who does he think he is. More importantly I think Jesus is saying don't judge or God the ultimate judge will also judge you.
I already know he has given me so much grace, why can't I afford the same grace to others???
No comments:
Post a Comment