Be still, and know that I am God.
How powerful is that statement right there?
How many times in our life do we scurry around and try to do what is best for us. We are like little tiny worker ants, always storing up food.
Times get tough, the waters get rough, but be still and know that God can silence the ocean with a command.
We can't do that very easily can we? No not silence the ocean, but be still. We think we know what is best for us and try with our best effort to make things happen for ourselves.
I am in a predicament at work where I don't want to be still. I don't want to give it up to the Lord, but rather try to use my force and will to make things happen.
But God is telling me to be still. What can I gain by worrying, by scurrying around like a chicken with his head cut off. Be patient, God wants the best for me.
My career is like a speck in his great and infinite plan. It's a piece of sand, yet the almighty God, the King of kings, still cares enough to come down to my level and desire the best for me.
How amazing is that, how indescribable in human words.
Be still, and know that I am God
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment