Thursday, January 22, 2009

2009 Winter Retreat


We just came back from our winter retreat this past weekend.

It was a good time of eating
Praising/worship
Having fun at the beach
Praying

And listening to God's word

And see that guy in the red shirt? No not Christian the other guy. I saved his life. It took me some time to accept it, but apparently that's what I did.

I was cooking bbq outside with Jmo and Pdiddy, when Jessica comes outside to tell us something was wrong. 

Immediately I went into panic mode, all these thought popped into my head that something happened to Christian, Mary, or someone was getting violent. 

I came inside to see someone choking and his girlfriend trying to give him the heimlich unsuccesfully. I pushed her to the side and gave the guy a really hard squeeze, and out popped a chewed up steak as big as Christian's fist.

The guy was completely grateful and it was a very emotional moment for everyone. It didn't really dawn on me what I did.  I didn't really think it was that big a deal. So I went right back to cooking my steaks. 

The truth is, I was glad that nothing happened to my family.

But it was a big deal, and I am really glad that I was there and was able to help out a brother in need, right Christian?

2 comments:

mary said...

where'd you get these pictures?

Jin said...

Our church website. Dbku took them I think.