Monday, September 1, 2008

Novaform Contour Pillow Review

I've been in the market for a new pillow for quite a while now because my 100 pound head just utterly destroys pillows. I have alway slept on 100% goose down pillows, and I was at Costco ready to purchase another 100% goose down that would eventually meet its demise from my huge noggin, when my wife suggested I buy the contour pillow.

WTH!? The contour pillow? The name of it doesn't even sound comfortable, now down on the other hand just sounds soft.

My friends know that I am a creature of habit. I always order the same thing at the same restaurants, I have tons of clothes but only wear a few go to outfits, and just generally in most things in my life I like routine and abhor change. So against my better judgment I buy this oddly shaped pillow that is supposed to have some type of space age memory foam.

Well you know what? I love it! It's really soft yet sturdy at the same time. Unlike down pillows which get all mishapen because of my huge head, the contour pillow stays firm. It provides really good neck support and yet feels very soft at first contact. Even when you sleep on your side, which I do half the time it still feels really awesome. It stays with you giving your head and neck support as you roll and unlike down pillows you don't have to shift around trying to find another sweet spot. I definitely recommend this funny shaped pillow.

Costco sells a two pack for ~$40. Mary is actually using the other one and even though her head is half the size of mine she loves it too!

11 comments:

heh said...

cool. i'm going to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

haha. you're so funny babe.

Jonathan said...

i still like my down pillow

Jin said...

Heh let me know how it goes. =)

Anonymous said...

i think i'm going back to my old pillow. this one is a little to high.

joe said...

what happened to the jin choi who talked about cars, lifting weights, & physical confrontation?

Jin said...

Fatherhood and old age is making me soft.

Anonymous said...

I would shell out the money to get the Tempurpedic ones. The reason is the cheaper foams ones (like the Costco ones) eventually get deformed after a year of use.

The Tempurpedic one has been good for 5 years now...

David & Grace Lee said...

You should never ever sleep on the side of your face. It promotes premature wrinkling...

Just and FYI.

Jin said...

My face is already jacked up anyways. A few wrinkles might actually make me look more distinguished.

Anonymous said...

we call it "the hwang head" in my family and unfortunately i have it. =( i LOVE my contour pillow, but wish they made a "thinner" one - not as thick, cause i have a small neck.