Thursday, March 27, 2008

Menace to Society

Went shooting with my friend Gary last Saturday. It was the first time I have ever shot a handgun. You can kind of tell that I was a little nervous. This was a 9mm and it had a lot of power. Check out this video.



This is Gary's very powerful rife. Not really sure what kind it was but man did it ever kick. Check out my body being jerked back.



This was Gary's other rifle. It didn't have a lot of power but it was really accurate, almost no recoil. It had a scope on it for perfect accuracy.

















This is Gary's .22, it's almost like shooting a BB gun. BUT it could still kill you, probably would have to shoot you like 10 times though. Look how small it looks in my hand.






































Me and Gary.


















One of the few bullseyes with the handguns.

































Guns are really scary. But I still want one. I asked Mary if I could get a 9mm and of course she said no. Then I asked her if I could get a motorcycle so I could commute to work on it and she said no. Isn't it weird that I ask my wife permission to do stuff!? Not really sure when that started happening. But it's not just me, all husbands do it. Strange.

9 comments:

Jin said...

I'm probably better off, both are really dangerous.

joe said...

jin, i heard you were really accurate with a shotgun :>

Jin said...

Dang, messed up, why'd you have to go there? =)

Daniel Koo said...

sweet!!! you should take us out there. you look like a pro with the shades man... :)

heh said...

zontiago, there's also john and julia, but julia only rides with john on the same bike. she doesn't even have a driver's license.

Jonathan said...

you don't need to be holding a gun to deserve the title of this blog post.

=) just kidding. u can call me a shrimp

G said...

Beretta eh?

Looks like fun... reminds me of the old days going to the range with dad.

For home defense, shotties or a revolver works nice. Both are low maintenance, though you can get a good shotgun much faster than a revolver (handgun laws = waiting period usually). Buying a semi-auto is a bigger commitment, though it's difficult to learn how to take care of one. There's a big market out there.

And yeah, I still haven't convinced my wifey either to let me buy a gun... =/

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love guns and motorcycles. I at least like it when my men have them. But I guess that all changes when you get married. I went shooting once and had fun. I've been recently wanting to go to the shooting range again. But I think Mary is right. You're probably better off without them.

susan

Jin said...

I don't have a gun kooster, so what would we shoot?

Thanks saewoo.

Thanks for the tip Gar. If you can convince your wife let me know what the key is.

Susan you like your men to have guns and motorcycles...nice. Can you talk to Mary? =)