When I was eating lunch today at Costco (pizza and a hot dog for $3 best deal in town!) I started to reminisce about this pizza joint I used to go to in high school. The restaurant was called Mama Elena's. Every time my friend Greg, Andrew and I would go in there she would say in a thick Italian accent, "Ah my boys, pizzas are almost ready." Yeah the place was actually run by Mama Elena, an elderly Italian lady. Maybe that's why it was so special. It wasn't a pizza by the slice place either, it was an Italian restaurant. But since it was so close to the high school she had a slice lunch special.
I don't know if it was because I was just hungrier in high school (which I was) or what, but those pizzas were the best pizzas I have ever had. We always got it right out of the oven piping hot and more often than not I would burn the roof of my mouth because I couldn't wait for it to cool down. I just Googled it and it is still there, maybe I'll drive down to Fremont one day and try it again. I'll probably be disappointed. So maybe I shouldn't.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
jin, that sleep machine looks crazy. sorry i missed christian's first birthday :<
Yeah it is pretty crazy. Oh well.
Thanks for your warm wishes.
take us with you!
Yeah she was pretty old back even back then. 16 YEARS AGO!!!!
We'll get Mary and the college kids and plan a trip down Jin's memory lane. As we drive down the 880 I'll point out all the cities I've lived in. Ahahahahah!
Post a Comment